BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND Google Homepages »

Friday, March 4, 2011

windows

Being outside is often taken for granted, we sit inside and get on our computers for a long time or read a book, even. In the house on Mango Street, the women in the readings are all confound by windows, boundaries. Window is somewhat of a tease, only a lick of the taste. The view from a window has no good feelings, even if the view is breath taking its only part of it.
Looking out the window being depressed is sad because sitting inside and never allow to be outside just because you’re beautiful is torture. it’s like being given a cake and being told you can’t eat it, sadly each one of these women were taken away from the thing that they valued most. And while not all things have the same meaning a window is just a sad substitute for outside.
One woman is taken away from her opportunity to enjoy her life. To do what she desired was a very important thing to her as. But then up came a man and took her away from it, and of course she was powerless to do anything to fight it. Another lady is enclosed in social windows by not speaking English, she doesn’t wasn’t to give up her origins, she doesn’t want to be a traitor. So she refuses to say anything in English.
These are just examples of women who are alone, depressed and feel as though they have no outlet. I can relate, I love to take pictures of nature but I’ve always ridden in a car so there was no way to take a great picture. I used to have to watch the kids play outside though my window while my childhood drifted away, I didn’t have very many friends and sadly no one really wanted to be my friend. So I sat there looking out the window, unsure whether I should go out into the bare coolness of a shallow friendship that has no real important. Or watch what it looks like to grow up being friends with only one person. Today I still look outside the car window, but I have my own camera to capture what I wish I could just step out of the car to see.
These women never had the chances I did, which is sad and tragic. And even though they are but mere fictional characters they are based on real ones who had real experiences like that.

0 comments: