BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND Google Homepages »

Friday, October 29, 2010

reflective essay

~Blogging has been a tough experience for me because of my poor time management, but if I used the quick writing method we use in class to improve my writing I think I would benefit from it.

8. I don’t like having a blog because I am not a consistent; it hasn’t really changed my writing much though. I have my ups and downs in everything, and that’s were blogging comes in. When I come home I do my math homework, then writing one, then science, then whatever else comes next. The problem with blogging for me is that I almost never have anything relevant to write, then I want to start a story, then I get scared that it will sound stupid and suck because I am just a poet and ONLY a poet. That really needs to change because I am not going to write a poem with 300 words, which would be insanely long. I think my middle school English teacher babied our class because we were not really required to have a word limit on essays or projects so it has become extremely hard to focus when I have a word count because even as I’m writing this I’m staring at the word count SO IT MAKES IT HARDER TO THINK WITH A GIANT 1000 WORD LIMIT!! It’s scary. If I didn’t have to write so much I think I would write about random things and not focus on one topic so it’s good for my writing habits but it’s BAD BAD BAD for my own little faults. So I have to fix myself? It would be good for me if I had a topic generator and think of the blog as a quick write and don’t stop writing until my 10 minutes are up which would be great for me who never has a legitimate or appropriate for my blog. I am not necessarily benefited from waiting to the last minute or treating blog post as if it is not an assignment which doesn’t help. If I changed my mind set blogger would be easier to work with.

My own question: how do quick writing ideas from in class help me make blog post?
Often my quick writes help me get my creativity, and mood right so I can focus on the writing. I think that if I used the quick writing method I would benefit from it. Things that help me most is the time limit, if I didn’t stop to spell check my writing every 3 minutes I don’t think I would be too distracted, If I kept writing without letting myself get distracted by my text messages, Facebook or just plain ol’ goofing off on the internet. I do realize for most it is a temptation that usually is not attempted to be resisted, but I know myself that if I’m on Facebook and trying to make a blog post I’d get distracted. The keep writing rule also helps because it usually leads to me writing in depth about the question, contemplating the topic of the prompt, it’s very hard to explain but you get into a vibe of writing and you fall into a mood of solitude and no one except you, the paper and pen just simply writing, everything is in sync and things are PERFECT for the mood of writing. When we quick writing in class we also have music, this idea I take advantage of because I have my own writing playlist with songs I don’t sing to but can set my mood of writing and determine how happy, depressing, or just random the post will actually be . Also the 3 minutes to plan rule is effective in class because it gives me a chance to brainstorm and determine what I’m going to write about. Altogether quick writing is very useful and even if I decide that my quick write when well I could always just type it out and tweak it to perfection and post

There are several goals that I need to focus on, one of them is procrastinating. I do it way to often and it’s a bad habit and it doesn’t just affect one class it affects all of them another goal I’d like to work on is making my writing sound more adult like in such ways as clarity and detail that my writing often lacks in certain ways.id like to become a better writer over all and not just be a good poetry writer. Even my middle school teacher said that my best subject is poetry when it comes to writing. It sometimes is like frustrating to write a paper and feel great about it then get it back with a mere C+ was a trying too hard or not trying enough. As far as my blog goes I haven’t really written anything relevant like this . I should like go to a topic generator and get topics because although I can make poetry write of the top of my head. My thoughts and ideas are much to free form to really put in writing often when I write I have to have silence but music. and the way the writing sounds reflects my mood which isn’t to great think there really is no actual way for me to be so consistent to where I can keep a blog so I may put my music on my blog so then that way I won’t have to be distracted. usually I just edit and remake old things like projects and essays from eight grade but I’d like to become a more independent writer because I really need to be able to think of ideas of the top of my head and I’m not very good at doing that. It really can be put simply as I’m not really into it. I’ve had many things like quizilla accounts and I never was very consistent so a personal goal to exercise in every aspect is to practice that.

0 comments: