BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND Google Homepages »

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Ever since I was little I asked question after question. That may have been annoying then but If I hadn’t I would not be the young lady I am today. I love math and science however they aren’t my only passions. School is a big part of my life and I always enjoyed school because you get to learn, and not only that you get to learn with friends. I take my education pretty seriously, but I also have a saying “learning is great, but you also needing something fun to balance!” I believe that to be true. The only way you can truly be a great learner is if you also have something other than academics that you enjoy. I enjoy theater, music, dance, singing, and art. I like to believe I can do anything that I put my mind to and, with that mindset I will be great. I have a certain level of simplicity but, when I see that perfect project where I can use all my skills to make it the best I can’t help but get excited. With the attitude of a helper I’ve always wanted to become a doctor because doctors get to help people and engage in medical science, as well as get inside the human body to find cures and disease. I feel that my personality is pretty great I have potential, but that doesn’t mean I can’t improve. Who’s to say that I can’t change? I have changed in the last few months as far as my motivation, which has greatly increased, now that I’m getting toward the end of my last year in middle school.
My studying skills are one thing I can change for the better. I do study but not as much as I should to be the best and so there are times that I don’t want to study, but then I was glad I had studied because it can only help you. My learning skills are quite different though, because my thinking and teaching as a child up until now are different. I learn by repetition so if I repeat something so many times I will understand the concept of it. My parents always taught me the same thing over and over again just so I’d understand it. Whether it be science, math or maybe even language arts I always try to learn as much as I can. There is however a way to improve and that is to try things that are even more challenging and the questions that are the most complicated are the ones I should attack first.

My teachers always tell me I have potential which, in fact is a great complement but they also say my organization skills need to improve. I’ve been putting in more effort towards my work to make it the best it can be. My parents have helped me to be successful as well. They always made sure I had what I needed but never gave me anything I didn’t deserve including punishment. My friends also look out for me. Though I only have a few and the rest are acquaintances we all stick together, helping each other when we are down and making each other laugh. I love my community and the people in it. My town is clean and has a lot of volunteer workers, such as myself, to keep it that way!


My most important accomplishment is my school life in general. I couldn’t possibly be too specific with school. I’ve done many things at school, such as becoming a member of the national junior’s honors society. It was one of the biggest accomplishments of my life. There are also my extra-curricular activities like drama and choir and band. I’ve always been a musically involved person. I love music and acting. Even more than my passion for the arts I have passion for knowledge as well. I love to learn new things even when they are difficult. I have done many things to contribute to the school effort and learning. I often volunteered to help out after school or I’d be going to one of many contests for band or choir. Even when I’m putting on a power point presentation for a class I love to learn and I love the feeling of helping others do their best. My school life is considered a great achievement to me because I’ve never been bad at school and I’ve never gotten bad grades. I even have a wall of accomplishments in my office over my desk and most of the awards are school related. This is something I can be proud of because I can look back and say “wow look at all these accomplishments I’ve achieved in such a short time”. Not only that but I can truly be proud of myself because I am always focused on school no matter what. Also my record of accomplishments is long and worthy of mention because just on what I’ve done in middle school being an honors student for only this year, and still doing great in school is result of my motivation. I think it’s amazing that in only 8th grade most of my teachers have told me that I have an old spirit and that I’m very mature even though sometimes I disagree. I’m glad that my teachers who know me on a personal level can say that I’m not like any other middle school student and that I’m beyond my years in my actions. These are things that I take pride in because they are important to me.

0 comments: