BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND Google Homepages »

Sunday, December 5, 2010

unwind review first to CD( i am such a -insert inappropiate words here- cuz this is late and its the end of my life...)

In our class discussion a lot of things came up, but the major thing that came up was other alternatives instead of unwinding people. When someone is sent to be unwound their parents sign them off to someone else, both Jessie and Devin thought that those things are extremely cruel. So the 3 of us talked about ways to get organs for the dying without killing teenagers to get them. We said since people die fast than people are born we could just use the dead peoples organs instead of making more dead people just to get one or two organs. One of the things that I meant to mention but did was how this unwinding reminds me of the holocaust because it’s the government’s systematic killing of teenagers. There are MANY differences from the holocaust and being unwound but it made me think of genocide in a way.
I also brought up Lev, Devin said that they should have left Lev to die because he almost got them caught but I couldn’t help but feel bad for the kid. People with religion are raised their whole lives believing things from people they are told to trust. When some random strange comes and snatches you from your father’s car even if he’s saving your life, he was thinking I’m supposed to die. I would understand because I have been told things and once corrected I didn’t believe the correction until someone I knew and trusted finally told me the truth like pastor Dan did with Lev.
We had questions and comments about how Connor was pretty stupid when he left his phone on. Devin and Jessie had to clarify because originally I thought that the truck driver ratted him out or was a cop the whole time, but they said that the truck driver was arrested and the cop got into the truck. I think that Connors fail was naive and another move like that at any time in the book would ruin his and Risa’s escape. I was also confused about where Risa came from but Jessie informed me that she was an orphan and so my questions were cleared up and overall I think the discussion was reasonably productive and successful.

0 comments: