BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND Google Homepages »

Monday, November 8, 2010

Response to 2nd reading of kite runner

This week’s reading for kite runner was very sad and depressing. The span of pages reveals the death of important characters Baba, general Taheri, Hassan, and Hassan’s wife.
BABA: Baba’s life was short lived because he suffered from cancer. I think it could have been from smoking and stress too. It really sucks that Baba didn’t tell Amir that Hassan was his brother but I think that he was too guilty and too proud. Knowing that Hassan was Baba’s son explained why Hassan got treated more like a son than Amir. I remember saying “Baba acts like Hassan is his son.” Well I was completely correct! I think over all he died happy, Amir was married, he graduated and because a known book publisher. He also knew Hassan was doing well too, seeing as Rahim was giving phone calls and checking in with Baba.
General Taheri: his death was very sad, and it made me sad for Amir and Soraya.
HASSAN: I am glad Hassan got to live and have a kid and a wife which I think if Amir hadn’t framed him of stealing, if they didn’t leave, he wouldn’t have gotten a chance at that. So without knowing I think I was right that Amir had done the nicest thing he ever would for Hassan by setting him free of that home. Sadly Hassan couldn’t get rid of such a friendship, he wouldn’t, because he knew deep down that Amir only acted like an ass to him because he felt bad, and he knew. Amir did always say Hassan was the only one who really understood. It was proven too. Unfortunately Hassan and his wife were killed in a crisis, and a complex situation. I think that Hassan didn’t want his son to live the same life as him, which is why he didn’t back down from the Taliban, he didn’t let his son grow up as an illiterate, and he carried the same kindness his father Ali showed him down to his son, so that he wouldn’t be bitter and cowardice like Amir was because of Baba’s neglect and hypocrisy.
I can’t wait to see what Amir will do once meeting the son of his brother and I can’t wait to see what Hassan’s son will do. I really hope Amir can move the guilt out of his heart and take in Hassan’s son as his own.

0 comments: