BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND Google Homepages »

Monday, November 15, 2010

final kite runner :(

This week’s reading for kite runner was the last section. I was pretty pissed off at the ending because I felt unsatisfied; it was like a lukewarm solution. I honestly wished for a happily ever after but this isn’t really this type of book. Thought out the book I was able to see that almost all of the characters are dynamic. Hassan even thought he died lived happily after the traumatic event that changed his life, in some ways for the better. Hassan may have never escaped Kabul and found his wife and had Sohrab if he hadn’t left from Amir.

I think Amir changed the most of all the characters. It starts as him being this jealous, bully-type, careless boy, then when he witnesses Hassan being raped, it completely changes his attitude. Amir isn’t able to forgive himself, but he gets the chance to atone for not sticking up for Hassan. I don’t think he went to save Sohrab because he was feeling guilty. I believe that he did it for himself, and for Sohrab’s sake.

Sohrab is just like Hassan in so many ways but he is a little quiet. And this disappoints Soroya. I understand why he’s quiet; he was sexually abused and not cared for. His parents were killed and he had been taken from his home land. A lot of things that go on in the book were cruel and frightening. I was glad thought that at the end Sohrab at least smiles a little. Ironically Amir ends up getting his lip split right in half just like a harelip, it made me realize that in the end he adopted an attitude like Hassan and stood up, fearful of being hurt but less concerned about himself. I was in a way proud that Amir improved because he learned that Hassan was his blood too he no longer saw a reason there should be a difference. He overcame his fearfulness and forever changed and saved Sohrab’s life for the better.

With a bonus some one BEASTED ASSEFS ASS. YAYUH!

0 comments: